YSC Foundation, Inc. (YSCF) is the new name of the former West Yellowstone Economic Development Council, Inc. (WYED) We are still a nonprofit, 501(c)(3), charitable private operating foundation that, since 2006, has contributed solutions for a healthy and progressive local economy in and around West Yellowstone, MT.
In 2011, we purchased an 11,500 sq. ft. building at 239 Firehole Ave. (the corner of Highway 20 and Electric St.) and established the YSCF Center as the central location for our operations. Our Board of Directors conducts business there, and the multi-use building enhances our local economy by offering rental space to a few residents and businesses and a wide variety of community and commercial events.
A few of our most significant economic contributions to our town include:
- Establishing a Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) that now raises over $275,000 annually for marketing West Yellowstone. Visit www.destinationyellowstone.com
- Creating and completing Buffalo Roam, the 3 year public art project that helped raised over $160,000 for our economic programs, business development grant program and additional community projects.
- Developing the new Historic Walking Tour Map and Sign Project to help preserve the railroad history and legacy of West Yellowstone.
- Providing support services for college, university, elementary, middle and high school classes that come to Yellowstone for experiential teaching and learning opportunities.
- Providing residential housing and business tenancy to members of our community
We thank the community of West Yellowstone for their many contributions. Learn more about our organization by checking out the rest of our site.